Friday, April 16, 2010

I love the Impressionism.

I think I've fallen in love with the art movement; Impressionist. 
Okay, well, not exactly, but I just really think it was a good and interesting art movement. 
Impressionism depicted art works of the their surroundings, but just how the Artist perceived it. The Artist were able to manipulate and illustrate it onto a canvas in their own way, basically, the way the saw and thought of it. 
One of my favorite painters of the Impressionist Movement is Claude Monet. I really like his use of colors; exciting, vibrant, but also, calm & peaceful. Claude Monet does an amazing job at capturing his surroundings, his illustrations are done so beautifully. 

A few of his works:



For my Contemporary Art Online Class, we had to create a work of art, portraying an art movement and an Artist if the time. Obviously, I chose Claude Monet and the Impressionist movement. I decided to create a collage. Here's mine.It's not the best, but I'm content with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. It makes me smile :)