Wednesday, March 9, 2011

One Unforgettable Day


Today, as of March 8th,2011, was truly an amazing day! It was definitely worth waking up at 7am while having literally 4 hours of sleep only, AND missing class. I attended the CHANEL F/W 2011 show, and no -- I didn't go inside. But it was absolutely wonderful enough to be able to be outside and be about 5 feet away from well-known people; actors, actresses, singers, entertainers, models, etc. 

The show was supposedly to have started at 10:30 am, but I'm really starting to think and believe that there's some kind of rule for you to be "fashionably late" Attendees, especially, the celebritys are always late and so is the show itself. Therefore, the show really didn't start til about 11am, and it didn't end til 30 minutes after. I got a great spot to take photos and i'm so content with them! Also, if you know me, I am absolutely in LOVEEE with Alexa Chung! She is my favorite style icon. Just seeing her made my hear skip a beat, haha. She's so gorgeous and what she wore is sooo her. I still can't believe I got to see her. AMAZING it was! 

My girlfriends and I waited 2 1/2 hours just for Karl Lagerfield to come out. You have no idea how many times I felt like leaving...but I mean, it's an opportunity for myself, and I didn't want to just let that slip. I was there and i've waited for countless hours, I'm going to stay. He didn't come out til 2pm....and unfortunately, he was in a car. I was hoping for him to actually walk out and go inside his ride. Maybe a tad bit disappointed, but i'm still very happy to have stayed to see him wave at his fans, while smiling so gleefully!! It really was the cutest thing ever on Karl!! :)) Too bad I couldn't get a photo; didn't have my camera ready and out on time. I'm soooo disappointed at myself. But it's not the end. I'm promising myself that I'm going to meet him later in life; that is, if he's still alive. ;) 

But, that's not the end of the story. The greatest highlight of my day was meeting former Editor-at-large of American Vogue, Andre Leon Talley!! If you don't know who he is, he was in Anna Wintour's Vogue documentary "The September Issue." But really, he was so kind to say 'Hi' to my friends & I and take photos with us. It felt so warm just being hugged/held next to him in his black cloak. He also gave my friend, Madelaine & I, a Chanel Program (basically a lookbook of Chanel F/W) as a gift. BEST SOUVENIR, I shall say!! I'm so going to remember this day! 
-
-
Alexa Chung; one of my favorite style/fashion icons!
-
Emma Roberts
-
Kanye West
-
Florence Welch from band, Florence + the Machines
-
Tavi Gevinson blogger of TheStyleRookie
-
Anna Wintour leaving Chanel Show
-
Lily Allen, leaving Chanel Show
-
Baptiste Giabiconi - Male face of Chanel, Fendi & Karl Lagerfield
-
Andre Talley Leon, coming out.
-
I got a picture with him!! =)
-
Madelaine & I with our CHANEL programs from Andre.  

~ Maree

2 comments:

  1. can i say jealous?! completely! i bet you had a wonderfully amazing time!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm soooooo JEALOUS!! ANDRE!!! he is prolly the one and only big person who can near ANNA!!!

    http://street-chic-blahhhhh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. It makes me smile :)