Tuesday, April 5, 2011

You're Responsible for YOU.

“You wanna know what scares people? Success. When you don’t make moves and you don’t climb up the ladder, everybody loves you, because you’re not competition.” - Nicki Minaj 

I got bored on Tuesday morning and decided to look up interviews and clips about the whole Lil Kim & Nicki Minaj feud (I know, I know….i’m so late. REALLY late) I remember hearing a girl that I know mentioning something about the rivalry on Facebook 2 months ago, but never looked into it. I wanted to hear what both woman had to say. The quote above is stated from, as you can see, Nicki Minaj in one of her interview with HipHopStanTV. 
All I can say about this quote is that I can so relate and i’m sure many others can, too. Knowing myself, i’ve always been the strive type of girl. I believe in myself and I never put myself down. I always reevaluate and if I feel like something isn’t going to work out, I look for better ways to work around it. I’ve always been on the right track of life. I get what I want because I go after it rather then sit on my ass and wait for it come to me. How? I take action and I work hard! I’ve been doubted & I’ve never really been encouraged by girls who I thought were my real friends. I’ve lost many of them along the way of growing up simply because i’m BLESSED. Because they didn’t want to see me not fail. Because I was rising; climbing the ladders for my own good, to the road of success and happiness. Needless to say, i’ve always had things pretty good when it came to my path, even though growing up with corrupted older siblings and being in a family that struggled a lot wasn’t always the easiest thing for a young girl. But through all the pain, the struggles, and the troubles i’ve gone through and been affected with, it made a stronger and wiser person as well as led me to be on the path I am today. Yes, i’ve done and experienced a lot great things in my life. Things that I love and enjoy doing. Things that I aspire to hopefully some day be a part of in the future. Things that will BENEFIT me. And in all honesty, I don’t brag about any of it. I’m proud of my accomplishments and experiences. I won’t share any of it with you unless you ask. But i’ll always share it with my family and my close ones because they’re the ones who will not judge and harbor me any way. With that said, you know who you are; either you've encouraged me, been happy for me, support me in some way, or simply just never judged me. I am where I am, and you’re at, where you’re at - I didn’t do this to you. I’m doing me; i’m responsible for myself & you’re simply responsible for YOU. 

Enough said. 

- Maree

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you enjoy being you! Keep moving forward and enjoy life!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. It makes me smile :)