Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Documentary: The September Issue

 Definitely a movie worth watching. I don't know about you, but I absolutely loved and enjoyed it -- I really like watch documentary films. Plus, I'm a huge fan of Vogue Magazine and a subscriber, and Anna Wintour = Powerful & Polarizing. I honestly admire an great Editor-in-Chief's hard work in a magazine. But there is something undeniably special about Anna, and I just don't know what it is. . .
Anyways, I liked being able to see and get a glimpse of the "behind the scenes" of a magazine company and really just 'Fashion' in general. Of course it's going to be competitive, but what kind of career isn't, hmm? I enjoyed watching and knowing that Fashion Designers have an intimidation, I mean -- I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but Lol; seriously, did you guys see the nervousness in them when meeting Anna Wintour? But yeah, I just wanted to point that out, and I also enjoyed watching the hurricane between Grace & Anna. It was entertaining, but I appreciate the fact they no matter how many disagreements they may have; they both still keep a very good and sane relationship with each other. I mean yeah, Fashion is all about criticism, you either love it, or you hate it. But you have to learn to keep your head up, be strong and keep moving on, because it will either benefit you, or who knows -- maybe not. But yea, Anyways, I feel like i'm going off topic, or IDK -- maybe i'm just rambling a lot... anyways, you guys should definitely check this movie out. You might learn something from it! =)


4 comments:

  1. Oh this looks juicy! I'm adding this to my list of movies to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Anna Wintour was rumored to be the inspiration behind The devil wears prada. The person who wrote the book was once an assistant for hers. I love documentaries but they are always very bias.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all your lovely comments :)
    makes my day Mary! I'm also pretty bored right now and will probably go check out that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. L'ARISTOCRATIQUE : Yeah! You shoulddd!! =)

    Elrica: What the heck??! Seriously? Oh wow, i never knew that. . . now that I think about it, i can definitely see why.

    Julia: No problem! i enjoy looking at your Rad paintings. they're so interesting and abstract. i love them all!! But yeah, whenever you get the chance, you should definitely take a look at it! =]

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. It makes me smile :)